Macro-Eyes has opportunities for Student Researchers for Master and PhD level students and recent graduates.
As a Student Researcher at Macro-Eyes, you will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of the field in supply chain — and AI — by building cutting-edge machine learning solutions. You will work on problems that bring a direct impact to saving lives and enabling governments to do more with less in extremely low-resource settings and environments. The problems we address need careful transformation of state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to enable robust performance with extremely sparse and noisy data.
What we will do together
- Work on unique research problems that bring solutions to real-world problems.
- Push the boundaries of ML techniques in computer vision for edge devices (e.g., smartphones).
- Ship code: develop algorithms and software that will be part of STRIATA product for visibility into supply chains.
- Collaborate with a multicultural and completely remote team.
- Document and publish your work at high-impact machine learning conferences.
What you will need
- Current master or PhD students in Computer Science, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of computer vision and strong interest in building object detection algorithms that work with minimal labeled datasets
- Knowledge of how to use machine learning to understand features in 3D environments
- Familiarity with deploying machine learning solutions on edge devices.
- Strong research skills and background in at least one of the state-of-the-art machine learning techniques such as CV, NLP.
- Sufficient experience with Python
- Solid communication skills and collaboration experience
- Availability for a minimum of 12 weeks